Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Evil Believer


What do you do when religious folk call you evil?

1. Become a fan of Darth Vader on Facebook.
2. Watch Austin Powers as many times as possible so you can learn from Dr. Evil.
3. Read the book of I John.

I choose option three.

I John 2: 9-11: "Whoever says, 'I am in the light,' while hating a brother or sister, is still in the darkness. Whoever loves a brother or sister lives in the light, and in such a person there is no cause for stumbling. But whoever hates another believer is in the darkness, walks in the darkness, and does not know the way to go, because the darkness has brought on blindness."

I John 4:20-21: "Those who say, 'I love God,' and hate their brothers or sisters, are liars; for those who do not love a brother or sister whom they have seen, cannot love God whom they have not seen. The commandment we have from him is this: those who love God must love their brothers and sisters also."

I will let the letter speak for itself. (Read the whole letter and it has something to say to those within the community of faith who feel they have the authority to call some evil - something about not being in the Spirit - They got a spirit just not the right Spirit.)

Jesus was called evil by the religious folk in his day. So if you are ever called evil by other religious folk just remember you are keeping good company.

No comments: