Monday, November 8, 2010

Brown Jacket


I have a brown jacket. I love my brown jacket. As I see it the only good thing about cold weather is I get to pull my brown jacket out of the closet. I don't know why I have such an affection for my brown jacket. I have never really been a coat wearing kind of guy. Maybe brown is my color.
Not everyone feels the same way about my brown jacket. The office staff where I work actually convinced my wife into a scheme of kidnapping my brown jacket. One morning she stuffed it down in a bag and brought the innocent jacket to my work and gave it to the ladies in the office. For days I wondered the house hunting for my brown jacket. I tore through my closet on the hunt for my brown jacket. I asked my wife if she had seen my jacket. I asked my children if they had been playing with my jacket. I was grieving over my jacket. I have other coats in the closet but they are not brown. Finally, the day came when the evil plot was revealed and the jacket was returned to me in all of its brownness.
For good or bad, I have become identified with my brown jacket. What identifies you? When your name is spoken in a crowd what do people say? Hopefully, it is more than the dude wearing the brown jacket.

Comments: www.facebook.com/jamey.prickett or www.twitter.com/jprickett

No comments: